Through this detailed guide, you will get to know how to install TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 3 XL. So just stick to this article till the end.
Before talking about the process of TWRP Recovery installation let’s talk about some amazing features of this device. Google Pixel 3 XL is powered by 4 GB of RAM which empowers Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Octa-core processor with storage options as 64 GB and 128 GB, which is not expandable though. Rather, the device features 2 front cameras of 8+8 MP and single rear camera of 12.2 MP.
The device has a 6.3 inches long display which is covered with Gorilla Glass 5 Protection and device has also some in-built features like Rear fingerprint sensor and much more. Now let’s get back to the topic below.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 3 XL (Crosshatch)
The guide only supports Google Pixel 3 XL (Codename: Crosshatch). So, please do not try the guide, its downloads, and instructions on any other device or model.
Disclaimer: Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your Google phone. This guide is for educational purpose only. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can assist you to troubleshoot with the issue.
For the reader’s convenience, we have divided this whole guide into 3 sub-sections. The first one is prerequisites, the next one is the Downloads, and in the last section, we have mentioned all the steps that you have to follow in order to install TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 3 XL.
In this section, we have mentioned below all the basic essential points that you need to fulfill to install TWRP Recovery on your Google device.
- Keep your device charged at a sufficient battery level before going into the installation process.
- I will suggest you take a backup of your device because your device can be wiped out after the whole installation process.
- Kindly, install the new version of ADB and fastboot tools.
- You need to unlock the bootloader of your device so you can easily proceed further.
- Make sure you have already installed the suitable USB Drivers for your Google Pixel device.
- And the last thing you have to fulfill is enabled the USB Debugging mode from Android developer’s settings
- Download TWRP Recovery for Google Pixel 3 XL
- ADB and Fastboot tools
- USB Drivers for Google Pixel 3 XL
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 3 XL via Fastboot
- Download the latest and appropriate TWRP Recovery ZIP file from the above-provided link.
- Then, you need to transfer the download ZIP file to your device’s internal storage.
- Once done, shut-down your Google device completely.
- Then boot your device into bootloader mode by pressing the ‘Power + Volume down’ buttons simultaneously.
- Connect your device with your system via USB cable after entering into the bootloader or fastboot mode.
- Download the TWRP image file and rename it as ‘recovery.img’.
- Once done, move the renamed image file to the ADB Folder located in ‘local disk C’ of your system.
- Now, inside the ‘ADB folder’, choose “Open PowerShell windows here” by pressing ‘Shift + Right click’ on an empty space.
- Now execute the command given below to flash the TWRP image file on your device.
.\fastboot boot recovery recovery.img
- After performing the above steps your device should be in TWRP Recovery mode. Just swipe the ‘Allows modifications’ button.
- Now, on the TWRP main menu, tap on ‘Install’ and search for the folder where you have transferred the ZIP file in step-2.
- After selecting the ZIP file, swipe the “swipe to confirm flash” button to Install TWRP Recovery on Google pixel 3 XL device permanently.
- After then, when the process comes to the end, hit the ‘Reboot system’ button.
So these were the steps that you need to follow in order to install TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 3 XL Once you’ve flashed TWRP on your Google device, you can flash Custom ROMs, ZIPs, and kernels, etc.
If in case you find yourself stuck between the process of installing TWRP Recovery on your Google phone, then just drop a comment below.