Throughout this whole article, you will get to know how to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro.
As we all know the “P” series of Huawei smartphones are quite famous and known for powerful hardware. This device is powered by the 1.8GHz Cortex A53 Kirin 970 Octa-core processor with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage.
This device comes up with 6.1 inches long display with a screen resolution of 1080*2240 pixels. If we talk about the camera then it has a rear camera of 40MP+20MP+8MP and 24 MP front camera and whereas battery has 4000mAh of capacity.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro (Charlotte)
The guide only supports Huawei P20 Pro (Codename: Charlotte).
Disclaimer: Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your Huawei smartphone. This guide is for educational purpose only. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can assist you to troubleshoot with the issue.
This guide consists of three sections – prerequisites, downloads, and the Instructions. You will have to go through each one in order to successfully install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro.
In this section, there are some basic requirements given below that you need to fulfill before you proceed further.
- Your device battery level should be at least 70-80% to avoid any kind of issue.
- Make sure you have taken the complete back-up of your smartphone’s data.
- Install the ADB & Fastboot tools.
- The bootloader of your device should be unlocked if not kindly unlocked it before you jump into the next section.
- Install the compatible USB Drivers to help in establishing the proper connection of the phone to the PC.
- In the last, you have to enable USB Debugging mode from the Android developer’s setting.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Huawei P20 Pro:
- Huawei P20 Pro USB Driver
- ADB & Fastboot tools
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro via Fastboot
- First, you have to download the suitable TWRP Recovery for Huawei P20 Pro from the above link.
- Now, transfer the downloaded file into the “ADB Folder” in the local disk in your PC.
- Then, press and hold the “Shift + Right click” inside the ADB folder and choose “Open PowerShell Window Here” from the options.
- Shut down your device completely and connect it to desktop while holding the volume down button of your keyboard.
- Your device should now boot in the fastboot mode.
- Now, push the command given below to flash TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.0-2-Charlotte.img
- After the above step, reboot your device by entering the command given below:
Finally, now you have successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on your device, but in case you face any kind of trouble during the process, so you can leave a comment below.