If you are wondering how to install TWRP Recovery then you are at the right place because through this tutorial, you are going to learn how to download and install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K8 Note.
Before proceeding to the instruction section let’s have a quick look over the features of Lenovo K8 Note. This device is powered by 2.3GHz deca-core Helio X23 Processor with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage. If we talk about the camera then it has a dual camera of 13+5 MP and 13MP rear camera and whereas the battery has 4000mAh of capacity.
Now. let’s get back to the article. So, after installing the TWRP Recovery on your Lenovo device, you will get a number of benefits like you can install Custom ROM’s, ZIP’s, Kernels, etc. Not only that you can also root your device by flashing magisk.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K8 Note (manning)
The guide only supports Lenovo K8 Note (Codename: Manning).
Disclaimer: Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your Lenovo device. This guide is only for educational purpose. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can assist you to troubleshoot with the issue.
For your convenience, we have divided this whole guide into 3 major parts. One is prerequisites, the second one is downloads and in the third one, you will get instructions which you need to follow in order to install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K8 Note.
In this very first section, there are few requirements which you need to fulfill before going into instruction section.
- Your device should be charged at least 70% before the installation process.
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo K8 Note.
- Take a backup of your data, if you don’t want it to be lost.
- Install ADB and Fastboot tools in your PC.
- Make sure you have installed a suitable USB driver on your desktop.
- Kindly, enable USB debugging mode in the Android developer settings.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Lenovo K8 Note:
- ADB & Fastboot tools
- USB Driver for Lenovo K8 Note.
Instructions To Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K8 Note via fastboot
- In the very first step, you need to download the TWRP Recovery image file from the above link but make sure you are downloading from the link which suits best to your device best.
- After downloading the image file, transfer it to the”ADB Folder” located in the local disk of your system.
- Then, you have to connect your Lenovo K8 Note with your desktop with the help of USB Cable.
- Now, go to ADB folder and select “Open PowerShell window Here” from the options by pressing “shift+right click” on the empty space inside the folder.
- After that, you need to boot your device into the fastboot mode. You can execute the command given below to do so:
adb reboot bootloader
- After, performing the above process kindly check your device is properly connected with your system or not. For that, you need to push the command given below and if your device serial number shows up then, you are good to move further otherwise you need to fix your driver to continue towards.
- Now, you can flash TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K8 Note by pushing the below command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.0-0-manning.img
- After executing the above command, press “vol up+vol down+power button” to shut down your device manually.
- After shutting down the device, press and hold power button+volume up then select recovery option by using volume up+volume down key.
- You have to wait for 30 seconds after performing the above steps until your device starting vibrating. After that, press “power button + volume up” together until the phone starts booting into the TWRP recovery mode.
- If it’s asking for the password, just cancel it to decrypt and allow modification by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, if you see internal storage O MB in your screen, just go to ‘Wipe’ tab and format data then reboot recovery.
That’s it. You successfully have been able to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K8 Note. You can now go ahead and flash images, kernel, and ZIPs like Magisk to root your Lenovo K8 Note.