In this article, you will get to know how to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3/3T via fastboot. This guide has all the important steps that you need to follow in sequence to download and install TWRP Recovery on your device. So, let’s proceed to the guide below.
So, firstly let’s talk about some of the specs of this popular device by OnePlus. So, the Oneplus 3 and 3T is powered by quad-core Adreno 530 with 6 GB of RAM and Corning Gorilla Glass 4. When it comes to the internal storage, then the Oneplus 3 has only 64 Gb of space, whereas the Oneplus 3T has 64 and 128 GB variants. In both the devices, the internal space is not further expandable.
Once, you have got your hands on the TWRP Recovery, you will be able to flash ROMs, Kernels, Images, etc. And will also get the privilege to root your device.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3
This tutorial consists of 3 broad sections – prerequisites, downloads and the instructions that you need to follow to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3/3T easily through fastboot.
Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your smartphone. This guide is only for educational purpose. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can assist you to troubleshoot with the issue.
First, let’s talk about the prerequisites that you need to look over to avoid any kind of problem during the installation of TWRP Recovery.
- Your device should have properly charged to a sufficient battery level.
- It is highly recommended to take a backup of your device to avoid data loss that might occur.
- Make sure that the bootloader of your OnePlus 3 and 3T is unlocked.
- You should have a suitable USB driver installed on your PC for your OnePlus 3/3T device.
- Minimal ADB and fastboot tools should also have already installed on the computer.
- In the Android settings, enable USB Debugging Mode.
- Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 3 and 3T
- ADB & Fastboot tools
- OnePlus 3 USB driver
Instructions To Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3 and 3T
- Download the appropriate TWRP Recovery for Oneplus 3 or 3T using the link provided above.
- Once you downloaded the TWRP image file, transfer it to the ADB folder, which is located in ‘Local Disk (C):‘.
- Then, connect your OnePlus Phone to your system through the USB cable.
- In the ADB folder, Hit “SHIFT + Right-Click” in an empty space and choose “Open PowerShell Window Here” from the options.
- Then, run the below command to directly boot the device into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- After performing the above step, push the below command to see your device is successfully connected or not if your device unique ID is showing in the screen then you can proceed further otherwise try to re-connect your device again:
- Now, you can flash TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3/3T by running the below command in the PowerShell window:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.0-1-oneplus3.img
- At the last, run the below command to reboot your OnePlus 3/ 3T from the bootloader mode:
So, above we have discussed the steps that you need to follow in order to install the TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3 and 3T via Fastboot method. In case, if you are facing any problem then just drop a comment below.