So, this post is going to be all about installing the popular and well-known touch-based custom Android recovery on your OnePlus device. So, go through the post to learn how to Install TWRP recovery on Oneplus 5 and 5T using fastboot method.
Oneplus 5 and 5T, both are one of the finest devices launched by Oneplus back in 2017. These devices are powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset and Adreno 540 GPU. When it comes to the protection, then both the devices have Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
These two models come in two storage variations, 6GB RAM and 64GB ROM or 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM. Taking you to the OS, the phones come with Android 7.1.1 which is upgradable to Android 9.0.
So, now let’s talk about the installing of TWRP Recovery on these devices.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5 and 5T
In this guide, we will share the official build of TWRP Recovery for Oneplus 5 and 5T. So, please do not download TWRP recovery for Oneplus 5T or 5 from any other place rather than the official source.
As usual, we have separated this step-by-step guide into smaller and simpler sections. Like, prerequisites, downloads, and lastly the instructions. So, let’s begin.
- To avoid any sudden battery shutdowns, make sure to charge your Oneplus phone to a sufficient battery level.
- Usually, data loss doesn’t occur. But still, we would highly recommend you to backup data of your phone before heading into the instruction process.
- In order to flash TWRP img file, your device should already have an unlocked bootloader. If haven’t, read the article on How to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5 and 5T.
- Make sure to have ADB Tools and Oneplus driver installed on your desktop.
- USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking must be enabled in the Android Developer options.
- Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger)
- Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 5T (dumpling)
In case, if you haven’t yet downloaded and Installed ADB Tools and USB driver, then grab them from below.
- ADB & Fastboot Tools
- OnePlus USB Driver
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 5T and 5
Following the below instructions is just like eating a piece of cake if you already have the basic knowledge of these geeky things. So, let’s do it.
- Download the TWRP Recovery image file for your device’s model. Make sure that you’re downloading the correct file that supports your device.
- Once done, rename the downloaded file as “oneplustwrp.img” and then transfer it to the ADB Folder of your desktop. You can find this folder in the disk where you’ve installed your Windows OS.
- Now, power off your Oneplus phone completely.
- Connect the phone to the PC using the USB Cable.
- Now, go back to the ADB Folder and Right-click anywhere on an empty space in the ADB Folder while holding the SHIFT Key.
- Doing this will show you a number of options, select “Open PowerShell Window Here’.
- It’s time to push ADB Commands. So, our first command will be of booting the one plus device into the bootloader mode. So, type and enter the below command:
adb reboot bootloader
- As soon as you run the above command, the phone should start booting into the bootloader mode. Now, finally run the below command to flash TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 5 and 5T:
fastboot flash recovery oneplustwrp.img
- Once flashed the image file, make sure to boot your oneplus device directly into the recovery mode to avoid boot loop. To do so, run the below command in the PowerShell window while holding the Volume Down key of your phone:
So, you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 5 and 5T also booted into the TWRP Recovery mode. In case, if you have any question and query, feel free to ask us in the comments below.
More Topics on OnePlus: