Finally official TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro has come and this is a piece of good news for all the OnePlus 7 Pro users. If you also want to know how to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro so just go through this article until the end of it.
This new device from OnePlus has launched in May 2019. OnePlus 7 Pro has 6.6 inches long touch screen which is protected with gorilla glass protection. This device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor and if we talk about storage option then this device has 6/8/12GB RAM and 128/256GB as internal memory.
Whereas other features are concerned then the device has 4000mAh battery capacity and the device has triple rear cameras of 48MP+16MP+8MP and front camera of 16MP. Now let’s jump into the main section of this article which is about the installation of TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro (guacamole)
The guide only supports OnePlus 7 Pro (Codename: Guacamole). So, please do not try the guide, its downloads, and instructions on any other device or model.
Disclaimer: Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your Oneplus smartphone. This guide is for educational purpose only. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can assist you to troubleshoot with the issue.
For all the reader’s comfort, This whole guide is separated into sub-sections. The very first section is prerequisites and the second one is the Downloads section and the last section is filled with all the steps that you need to take in order to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro.
In this section, we have mention all the basic requirements that you need to fulfill to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Keep your device charged at sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shut-down issue.
- I will highly recommend you to take back-up of all your important data because your device can be washed out during the installation process.
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader on OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Download and install compatible USB Driver for your OnePlus 7 Pro device.
- Install the latest ADB and Fastboot tools.
- In the last, enable the USB Debugging mode from the Android developer’s settings.
- Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro
- Compatible USB Drivers for OnePlus 7 Pro
- ADB and Fastboot tools
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro via Fastboot
In this section, We have mentioned below all the steps that you have to take in order to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro via fastboot mode. make sure you won’t miss any step.
- Download the TWRP Recovery img file from the above link and rename it as ‘recovery.img’.
- After downloading the file transferred it into ‘ADB Folder’ which you will find in ‘local disk- C’.
- Now, Connect your device with your system through USB Cable.
- In the next step go to ‘ADB Folder’ and press “shift+right click” on an empty space and choose ‘Open PowerShell window here’ from the option.
- After opening the ‘PowerShell window’ execute the command given below to boot your device into fastboot or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now before proceeding further, you have to check once whether your device is connected or not. For that enter the command given below and if your device unique ID is showing on the screen then you are able to move further otherwise try top re-connecting your device with your system again:
- If your device ID is showing on the screen after performing the above step then you are ready to flash TWRP Recovery img file on OnePlus 7 Pro by pressing the command given below:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- In the last step, boot your device into an operating system by entering the command given below:
So that’s it these were the steps that you need to follow to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro. If you face any kind of issue during the process do let us know by dropping a comment below.