Hey, in this detailed guide I will show you each and every important steps which will help you to download and install TWRP Recovery on your Mi A1, so let’s start.
Before heading over to the instructions section let’s have a quick look to the specifications of your Mi A1 which is quite a popular device by Xiaomi. This device has 2GHz octa-core cortex A53 processor which comes with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage. When it comes to the camera, then the Xiaomi Mi A1 ha dual 12+12 MP cameras.
Now, let’s come to the topic. So, once you have successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on your Mi A1, you will be able to perform a number of tweaks to the device like flashing of ROMs, ZIPs, Kernels, and images, Furthermore, you will also be able to root your device by flashing Magisk Zip.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A1 (Tissot)
This Article consists of 3 sections – the one is prerequisites, the second one is Downloads Section and in the last section, you will get Instructions to install the TWRP Recovery. In the order to install the TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi A1, you just need to go through each of these very carefully.
Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your smartphone. This guide is only for educational purpose. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can assist you to troubleshoot with the issue.
Now let’s talk about some of the prerequisites which you need to consider before proceeding further.
- The battery of your device should have charged between 70-80%.
- Please, take all the back-up of your important Data from your smartphone because this process may wipe out your data.
- Make sure that your device has unlocked bootloader before getting into instructions.
- Install the latest version of ADB & fastboot tools.
- Make sure your PC has a suitable USB driver installed for your Mi A1.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode in Android Developer’s settings.
Instructions To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A1 via Fastboot
- Firstly, you need to download the suitable TWRP Recovery image file for Xiaomi Mi A1 using the above link.
- Once you download the file then transfer it to the ADB Folder in your local disk.
- Connect your device with your PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- Now in the ADB folder, right-click anywhere while holding the SHIFT key and select “Open Powershell Window Here‘.
- Then, type the below command to boot Xiaomi Mi A1 into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- After that, type the below command to see whether your device is successfully connected or not. If your device unique ID is showing on the PowerShell window, then it means your device is successfully connected but if not then firstly check and reconnect it.
- After the above steps, now your device is ready to be flashed. So, run the command below to flash TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A1:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.0-0-tissot.img
- At last, you have to type and enter the below command to reboot the device into your stock OS:
That’s it. So, above were the steps that you need to follow in order to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A1 via fastboot. You can now ahead and perform the actions like flashing of ROMs, Zips, Images, and kernel, etc.
In case, if you are facing any problem while installing the TWRP Recovery, then you can drop us a comment below.