In this following guide, you will be able to download and install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2. There is no doubt you will get various benefits of doing this like you will be able to flash ROMs, ZIPs, kernels, images, etc. Not only that after installing the TWRP Recovery on your smartphone you can also root Xiaomi MI a2. So isn’t amazing?
Before proceeding to the instruction section, let’s talk about some of the specifications of this device. So, as all, we know Xiaomi’s Mi A2 is quite a very popular device as it comes up with Snapdragon 660 processor which is quite powerful and if we talk about storage then it has 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage. The device comes with AOSP Stock Android because the smartphone is powered by Android One.
Now, let’s move further to the guide below.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout)
Before going into instructions, we all must be thankful to the TWRP team for developing the TWRP Recovery file image for Xiaomi Mi A2 (code name: jasmine_sprout).
Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your smartphone. This guide is only for educational purpose. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can assist you to troubleshoot with the issue.
For the user’s convenience, we have divided this guide into 3 major sections – prerequisites, downloads, and the instructions section. So, in order to install TWRP on Mi A2, you need to consider all the sections in order to avoid any kind of issue during the installation process of TWRP.
In this very first section, I am going to discuss some of the basic requirements that you need to fulfill before going into instruction section.
- Your device should be charged at least 60% to avoid any kind of issue during the process.
- Make sure you have taken the backup of your device if your data is important to you.
- The bootloader of your Mi A2 should already be unlocked before proceeding to the instruction section.
- Kindly, install the suitable USB Driver on your desktop.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools should already be there in your system if don’t then kindly install them.
- In the lasts step, allow USB Debugging mode in the Android developer’s settings.
- Download TWRP Recovery image for Xiaomi Mi A2:
- Download TWRP Recovery Installer ZIP for Xiaomi Mi A2:
- USB Driver for Xiaomi Mi A2
- ADB and Fastboot tools
Instructions To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 via Fastboot
- First of all, download the TWRP Recovery image file and zip for your device from the above link. (Make sure you’re downloading the suitable files).
- After that transfer the downloaded files to the “ADB Folder” on your desktop.
- Now, inside the ADB Folder, press “shift+right click” on an empty space and select “Open PowerShell Window Here” from the options.
- Power off your device and then boot it into the fastboot mode by pressing and holding the volume down and power button together.
- Once done, you need to connect your device with your PC using the USB cable.
- After performing the above steps, execute the command given below to boot the device into TWRP Recovery mode temporarily:
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-jasmine_sprout.img
- As soon as you enter the above command, your device should boot into TWRP recovery mode. Now, the time is to flash the TWRP Recovery Installer ZIP file.
- So, In the TWRP home screen, go to ‘Advanced‘ > ‘ADB Sideload‘ and then swipe the ‘Swipe to Start Sideload‘ button at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, push the command given below to flash TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 permanently:
adb sideload twrp-installer-jasmine_sprout-3.2.3.zip
That’s it. So, these were the steps that you need to follow to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2. In case if you’re facing any problem or issue while installing the TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi MI A2, then you can leave a comment below.