Unofficial TWRP Recovery for the alpha flagship device – Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro is available to download and install. Go through this article to download unofficial TWRP build for Redmi K20 Pro. And also get to know how to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro.
No doubt, Redmi K20 Pro is one of the cheapest Snapdragon 855 powered phones. And also the first device by Xiaomi which came with popup camera in such a decent price range. In short, Redmi K20 Pro is a mid-budget premium smartphone.
Now, let’s move forward to the main topic. So, if you’re owning this alpha flagship smartphone and want to replace the existing stock MIUI recovery with a custom recovery, then this article is what all about. Go through the guide below to know how to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi K20 Pro | Unofficial Build – Guide
Note: This is the unofficial build of TWRP Recovery developed by an XDA Senior Member – mauronofrio. The official TWRP Recovery has not been released yet. If it arrives, we will update this article with the link to the official guide.
- Installing TWRP may wipe your Xiaomi phone if anything goes wrong, so please make sure to take a full backup of the device.
- Charge the phone to a battery level of 70-80%.
- Replacing stock recovery requires an unlocked bootloader. So, unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro firstly before moving further.
- To push ADB commands, platform-tools must have already be installed on your PC.
- Also, install Xiaomi USB Driver for K20 Pro in your desktop.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging mode in the Android developer settings.
Once fulfilled the key points listed above. You can move further over the instructions to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi K20 Pro.
Steps To Install Unofficial TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi k20 Pro
- Download the unofficial TRWP Recovery image file.
- Connect the phone to the computer using the USB Cable.
- Then, move the downloaded .img file to the ADB folder on your desktop.
- Now, open PowerShell window inside the ADB folder. To do so, follow the below instructions:
- Right-click while holding the shift key anywhere inside the folder.
- From the options, choose “Open PowerShell Window Here”.
- On the other hand, power off your Xiaomi K20 Pro.
- Once completely switched off, type and enter and following command in the PowerShell window to boot Redmi K20 Pro into fastboot mode:
adb reboot fastboot
- Once you have entered into the fastboot mode, run the below command to flash the unofficial TWRP Build and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi K20 Pro:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-1-raphael.img
- That’s it. Now, to avoid boot loop and DM-Verity to be triggered, boot the device directly into the recovery mode. To do so, follow the below instructions:
- Press Power key until the screen of your K20 Pro turns black.
- Once done, hold the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously for a couple of seconds.
- As soon as you see the device is being booted into the recovery mode, release the keys and enjoy the TWRP Recovery.
So, above was our quick shoot on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro with the unofficial build. You can now go ahead and do most of the tweaks and hacks. Some of them are installing custom ROMs and Rooting the device, etc.
In case, if you are facing any kind of difficulty while flashing this unofficial TWRP Recovery on your Redmi K20 Pro, then feel free to drop us a comment below.