In this Guide, we will let you know how you can download and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3. You can go through the guide below to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3 easily using Fastboot.
Before Starting the process let’s have a quick look over the specifications of your device Redmi Note 3. So, the smartphone has a 5.5-inch screen display with full HD resolution. This device comes up with 3 GB of Ram and 32 of GB of Internal storage which is expandable up to 64G.
Now, let’s get back to the topic. So, If we talk about the benefit of TWRP, then Installing the TWRP Recovery on your smartphone will allow you to perform various actions like flashing ROMS, ZIPs, Kernels, etc. Furthermore, you will also have the privilege to root redmi note 3 using Magisk or any other mod.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3 (Kenzo/kate)
This guide is intended for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Codename: Kenzo/kate) only. Please do not try the instructions and download files on any other device or model.
Disclaimer: Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your smartphone. This guide is only for educational purpose. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can assist you to troubleshoot with the issue.
The guide is divided into three major sections which consist – Preqrequisites, Downloads, and the Instructions. You need to go through and follow each of the section below to successfully install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. So, let’s proceed to the guide below without any further delays.
So, this is the first section which includes the basic requirements that you need to consider before going with the instructions.
- Your Redmi Note 3 device battery should be charged at least 70-80%.
- We do highly recommend you to take back-up of your device before starting the process to avoid any kind of data loss.
- Unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 3, so that you can push the ADB commands and install TWRP.
- Make sure that you have already installed Minimal ADB and other fastboot tools in your PC/Laptop.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in Android Developer’s settings.
- The last requirement that you need to fulfill is to install suitable USB Drivers in your system according to your Device.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 3
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot tools
- Redmi Note 3 USB Driver
Instructions To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 via Fastboot
- First, Download the TWRP Recovery image file for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 from the appropriate link above.
- After downloading the file transfer it to the “ADB Folder” located in the “Local Disk: C” on your desktop.
- Then, you need to connect your Xiaomi device with your PC via USB Cable.
- Now, select “Open PowerShell Window Here” from the options available by pressing “shift+right click” in an empty space inside the ADB Folder.
- Then, type and enter the below command to directly boot the device into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- To check your device is properly connected to your PC or not, run the below command (If your device unique ID is showing in the screen then you can take further steps otherwise try to re-connect your device again):
- After performing the above steps you can flash TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 by pushing the below command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.0-0-kenzo.img
- At last, you need to enter the command given below to reboot the device into MIUI:
So, above were the steps that you need to take to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 via Fastboot. In case, if you have been stuck somewhere between the steps, then you can leave us a comment below.