Hey, do you want to install TWRP Recovery on your Redmi Note 4? If yes, then you are in the right place. In this detailed guide, I will tell you how you can download and install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4 easily via fastboot method.
Before getting over to the instructions, let’s talk about some of the key features of this best selling smartphone. So, this device is quite impressive in terms of its design and it has a good battery life. If we talk about display, then it has a 5.50-inch screen with 1080*1920 resolution. Furthermore, the Redmi note 4 comes with powerful 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 64-bit Octa-Core processor.
When it comes to cameras, then the device has 13 MP of primary camera and 5 MP of secondary camera. So, now let’s move further on the guide.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Mido)
This article made up of 3 sections – Prerequisites, Downloads, and Instruction are all that you need to follow in order to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. So first let’s start with prerequisites section.
Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your smartphone. This guide is only for educational purpose. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can assist you to troubleshoot with the issue.
In this section, I am going to tell you some basic requirements that you need to fulfill before proceeding to the instructions.
- Your device battery should be charged at least 70%.
- To avoid any kind of data loss, we do highly recommend you to take the complete backup of your Xiaomi device.
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader of your Redmi Note 4.
- In the Android Developer Settings, allow USB Debugging Mode.
- You must have the appropriate USB Driver installed on the desktop.
- Minimal ADB and fastboot tools should already have been installed on the PC.
Instructions To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Mido) via Fastboot
- First, download the TWRP Recovery image file for your device using the link provided above (but make sure you are downloading from the appropriate link for your device).
- Once the file is downloaded, then transfer it into the ADB Folder which is located in ‘Local disk‘.
- Then, you need to connect your Xiaomi phone to your desktop via USB Cable.
- Now, open ‘Powershell window’ in the ADB folder by pressing ‘Shift Key + right click‘ on an empty space.
- Then push the below command in the PowerShell window to directly boot the device into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- After executing the above step, type and enter the command given below to see your device is connected or not. If your device unique ID is showing on the screen then you can move over to the upcoming steps, otherwise, you need to re-connect your device again.
- Now, you can flash TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 by entering the below command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.0-0-mido.img
- Once done, enter the below command to reboot your device into MIUI from the bootloader mode:
That’s it. So, above were the guide that you need to follow in sequence to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 using Fastboot. You can now go ahead and install ROMs, images, etc.